What Is Hunger Action Month?
September is Hunger Action Month, when Second Harvest along with Feeding America and the nationwide network of food banks unites to urge individuals to take action in their communities. It is our opportunity to create a movement that has a real and lasting impact on our mission to help end hunger in across North Central Ohio and the country.
What Actions Can I Take to Make a Difference?
This September, Feeding America will make an empty plate the icon for Hunger Action Month. From social activation to print ads, the empty plate with the words "On an empty stomach, I can't.....". Next to it is a printable plate withthe words, "But I can..... to help end Hunger" will be our means to educate the public on the issue of hunger and get people involved in Hunger Action Month throughout September
By taking action online and in your community, you can be a part of the solution to end hunger nationwide. Here are a few ways you can help:
Hunger Action Day - September 14:
On September 14, we kick off our month-long effort to turn the nation orange in support of hunger-relief. We encourage everyone to play a role and show your support by wearing orange! Show your support online too!
Take Action Online:
- TURN ORANGE FOR HUNGER RELIEF by making your Facebook and Twitter profiles orange on Hunger Action Day, Thursday, September 14th.
- DONATE your status and share your local hunger statistics on Facebook and Twitter.
- LIKE & FOLLOW Second Harvest on social media. Twitter | Facebook | Instagram
Take Action in Your Community/Office/School:
- TURN ORANGE FOR HUNGER RELIEF by wearing orange on Hunger Action Day. Share a pic of your orange style socially with @FeedingAmerica and use the hashtag #HungerAction.
- VOLUNTEER at Second Harvest and be part of the hunger-relief solution. Fill out an I Can't/I Can paper plate at Second Harvest, take a photo and share a pic of your plate and your volunteer experience with @FeedingAmerica via social media and use the hashtag #HungerActionMonth.
- ATTEND our annual event.