What Actions Can I Take to Make a Difference?
The 2019 campaign theme will be "We can end hunger one helping at a time."
Feeding America and Second Harvest is asking everyone to take action during Hunger Action Month. This September, we're seeking 40,000 actions from the public – a donation, a volunteer shift, a social media post – actions that will help end hunger, one helping at a time.
Here are a few ways you can help:
Hunger Action Day - September 12:
On September 12th, we kick off our month-long effort to turn the nation orange in support of hunger-relief. We encourage everyone to play a role and show your support by wearing orange! Show your support online too!
Child Hunger Summit:
Take action! Join us and Ohio's First Lady, Fran DeWine on Thursday, Septmeber 19th, from 8am-3pm, at LCCC's Spitzer Conference Center for your first Child Hunger Summit. Second Harvest believes addressing child hunger must be a priority for our community. This summit will convene partners from across our region to consider the effects of food scarcity on a child's learning, physical and mental health, along with further econmic impacts. Registration is required. This is a no cost event. Lunch and refreshments will be provided. RSVP today!
Take Action Online:
- TURN ORANGE FOR HUNGER RELIEF by making your Facebook and Twitter profiles orange on Hunger Action Day, Thursday, September 12th.
- DONATE When it comes to fighting hunger, every dollar counts. You can make a real difference for the families in our community who struggle with hunger. For every $1 you give, Second Harvest can provide five meals! Donate TODAY!
- LIKE & FOLLOW Retweet, follow, share Second Harvest's posts on social media here: Twitter | Facebook | Instagram
Take Action in Your Community/Office/School:
- TURN ORANGE FOR HUNGER RELIEF by wearing orange on Hunger Action Day. Share a pic of your orange style socially with @FeedingAmerica and use the hashtag #HungerActionMonth.
- VOLUNTEER at Second Harvest and be part of the hunger-relief solution. Lots of opportunites available. Learn more here!
- ATTEND our signature event, Generous Helpings and enjoy tasty samples of creations by some of the best local chefs and restaurants in our region!