Civil Rights Resources
- Civil Rights Training Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7rfir2tr-4&t=788s
- Print the documents below for reference throughout the video and to keep on file.
- Civil Rights Training Slides
- Civil Rights Training Acknowledgment for the Person in Charge completing training
- Civil Rights Annual Training Checklist for volunteers/staff trained by the Person in Charge
- TEFAP Written Notice - Pantries, Meal Sites, Shelters
- CSFP Written Notice (Senior Boxes)
- Written Notice-Referral Request
- “I Speak” Statement
- Affordable Language Line Services
- Right to Refuse Service Policy
- Right to Refuse Service Incident Report Form
- And Justice for All Poster - MUST BE SIZE 11"X17" AND IN COLOR: https://www.ascr.usda.gov/sites/default/files/JFAgreen508.pdf
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.